We understand the significant demand for housing among families who reside outside of the St. Louis area and have newborn babies suffering from congenital heart disease. While we would love to assist all families in need, the Heart House has limited capacity. To qualify for support, families must meet the following criteria:
- Have a child diagnosed with congenital heart disease.
- Demonstrate financial need for assistance.
- Obtain a referral from a social worker or medical professional at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
- Either be hospitalized at St. Louis Children’s Hospital for a minimum of two consecutive weeks or anticipate a prolonged hospitalization.
- Priority is given to families residing more than 25 miles away from St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Our guests are referred to us by medical professionals, nurse coordinators and social workers at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. If you would like to be considered for a stay at the Heart House, please speak with your physician or nurse coordinator about obtaining a referral.